ibtm america 2016, taking place from June 15-17 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee, has partnered with DAHLIA+ to create the TechCollective, an area located within ibtm america’s Central Hub that will feature live demonstrations from some of the industry’s leading emerging event technology suppliers.
Today ibtm america 2016 announced that the TechCollective will feature the “ibtm america top tech innovation award” for which the winner will receive a complimentary meeting pod at ibtm america 2017, a diary of 100% mutually matched appointments, PR and promotion through ibtm events global database and exposure in the ibtm world innovation zone. The winner will be selected by ibtm america attendees who will be able to cast a vote for the top innovation using their Poken devices.
Jaime McAuley, Event Director, ibtm america commented, “Technology is one of the fastest growing sectors in the meetings and events industry right now, and at ibtm events we believe that start-ups are the wave of the future. We aim to always have a spot for these companies at our events, and the TechCollective is the newest opportunity we have created for our emerging tech suppliers to not only show the industry what they can do, but gain support and exposure from us.
Post show research confirmed 95% of our Hosted Buyers want to see more technology companies at ibtm america 2016, so clearly there is a big demand to see what is going on in the industry right now. We’re happy to satisfy this demand with a line-up of some of the industry’s rising event technology stars.”
Participating TechCollective companies have been chosen based on their ability to provide technology solutions that address the latest trends and challenges within the meetings and events industry.
Dahlia El Gazzar, Tech Evangelist, DAHLIA+, commented, “The diversity of the solutions was the most important factor of acceptance in the TechCollective, that they address the challenges and needs of the industry right now, from collaborative event management platforms, polling and attendee engagement solutions, beacon technology to forward thinking mobile apps, and staff management tools. We want our event professionals to be aware of these amazing solutions that can help them rock their events, and continue to foster strategic partnerships between the tech companies.”
Exhibitors participating in the TECH Collective include:
- Conferences i/o is an award-winning, real-time audience engagement platform that increases engagement by an average of 5x at events.
- CadmiumCD’s event management software lets you collect and review submissions, manage speakers and exhibitors, and deliver exceptional experiences to your attendees, all from the same cloud-based platform.
- EventCollab is event-planning software created for event people BY event people, filling the need for a tool that enables us to easily collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Hubvents is the premier cloud-based Show Floor Intelligence Platform for events powered by Bluetooth LE (4.0) beacon technology.
- InitLive is an online tool and mobile app for managing staff and volunteers at events.
- Meetoo, the live polling app with real-time messaging that works seamlessly with PowerPoint, will put an end to stale presentations.
- Zerista is the ultimate event management website and mobile app that allows event organizers and attendees to manage schedules, set up meetings, generate leads, and participate in games that encourage event learning, discussion, and collaboration.
McAuley continued, “Last year 95% of exhibitors indicated they were satisfied with ibtm america; while we are very pleased with this feedback, we are always looking to improve the experience for our attendees, which is why we have decided to launch this new initiative.”
In addition to the TechCollective , the Central Hub will feature knowledge sessions on hot topics in technology led by thought leaders within the meetings and events industry, and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) areas that will resonate with current trends within the industry.