ST. LOUIS – Enterprise Holdings Inc. announced that it is expanding the Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand’s presence in Latin America and the Caribbean with the opening of 22 new locations throughout the region.
Enterprise Holdings, through its regional subsidiaries, operates the largest fleet of vehicles in the world through a global network of more than 9,000 neighborhood and airport locations. The company also owns National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car as well as its flagship Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand.
On the heels of Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s debut in the Caribbean in 2014 and launch in Latin America in 2015, these new locations represent the next phase in Enterprise’s plans to expand the brand to the entire region.
“Our new openings in Latin America and the Caribbean will provide travelers access to our renowned service in some of the most popular tourist and business travel destinations,” said Peter A. Smith, vice president of global franchising at Enterprise. “Launching our brand in seven new countries and territories is an exciting milestone, but it’s just the beginning of our planned growth in this region.”
Enterprise Rent-A-Car will open 13 airport and downtown locations in Belize, Honduras, Mexico, Tortola, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos and Uruguay by April 2016. An additional eight Mexico airport locations will come online by May 2016 as well as a new Cancun, Mexico, location opening in June 2016. The new locations include:
- Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport; Belize City, Belize
- Ramón Villeda Morales International Airport; San Pedro Sula, Honduras
- Toncontín International Airport; Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Cancún International Airport; Cancún, Mexico
- Federal de Bachigualato International Airport; Culiacán, Mexico
- Don Miguel Hidalgo Y Costilla International Airport; Guadalajara, Mexico
- General Ignacio P. Garcia International Airport; Hermosillo, Mexico
- Manuel Márquez de León International Airport; La Paz, Mexico
- Del Bajío International Airport; León, Mexico
- General Rafael Buelna International Airport; Mazatlán, Mexico
- General Mariano Escobedo International Airport; Monterrey, Mexico
- Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Los Cabos International Airport; San José del Cabo, Mexico
- Ponciano Arriaga International Airport; San Luis Potosí, Mexico
- General Abelardo L. Rodríguez International Airport; Tijuana, Mexico
- Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport; Road Town, Tortola
- Road Town, Tortola (neighborhood network downtown location)
- Arthur Napoleon Raymond Robinson International Airport; Crown Point, Tobago
- Piarco International Airport; Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
- Providenciales International Airport; Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
- Carrasco International Airport; Montevideo, Uruguay
- Capitán de Corbeta Carlos A. Curbelo International Airport; Punta del Este, Uruguay.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental company in the world, as measured by revenue, employees and fleet. It also ranks near the top of the global travel industry, ahead of many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies.
The company’s long-term expansion strategy is focused on building a global network that delivers value, choice and outstanding customer service to business and leisure travelers. Today, Enterprise Holdings is operational in more than 80 countries and territories worldwide.